Other Tutorials for libGDX
I will try and compile other interesting tutorials and things I find on this section of the page. I will give an idea of what the tutorial/video is about so you can help pinpoint your searching.
- LibGDX Wiki - A good place to start for information
- LibGDX Tutorial Series - Awesome page that talks about many of the features in LibGDX with code and good explanations. Anything you can think of doing you can probably find some help here
- Super Mario LibGDX - A tutorial with 32 different videos to recreate the first level in Mario. Uses Box2D physics, Screens, Game, Array, Tilemaps, Scene2D, HUDs, etc. Just about anything you would want to use is found in this lengthy tutorial. NOTE: He uses bad OOP practices when it comes to public variables (breaks encapsulation) and because of his construction of classes, also would make it more difficult to save objects to load them in later (texture data saved inside of the models). Good information is available in the tutorials but don't blindly follow it to get your results! Understand what is going on and mould it into our classroom standards.
- Flappy Bird LibGDX - Same guys as above but he goes through making Flappy Bird instead. This was his first time really going through LibGDX. 15 videos to go over here. This is also essential the same Example we did in class :)
- LibGDX 3D - Couple of Videos about 3D in LibGDX. These are the Games From Scratch guys. If you are interested in how 3D works in LibGDX, this might be a good place to start.
- Box2D Physics - Specific tutorial about Box2D in LibGDX. He also has other tutorials about LibGDX
- Games From Scratch LibGDX - Same guy that did the 3D basics above (the 3D videos are at the end of the playlist) and the website Games From Scratch. Covers many of the basics.
- Block Bunny Game -Full LibGDX game using tilemaps, and box2d physics engine. Great explanation of how box2d works and awesome Object Oriented Structure.
- Androids LibGDX - Another full game by the same person as above. He goes over some Array list things and also shows how you might make particles. Classic game Asteroids
- Another Game - A different developer than above but he has some excellent tutorials. This one is a simple sprite game with menus but he goes on to Box2D and saving/loading game states.
- Space Shooter Game - An OK tutorial about LibGDX. Again, not the greatest design, but it does cover much of the basics.
- Another Tutorial Game - One more developer offering up his advice.
- Box2D and Box2DLights - Older Tutorial but some good info here
- Another Box2D Lights Tutorial - Bad quality video itself but should still have some good info